INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, November 17, 2017

Review of the Infected by Jessica Gomez




If the world ceased to exist in one moment in time, would you know what to do?

Lillie thought her life was finally beginning to look up, and for once she seemed in control of her own future. Until a blinding light in the sky ripped that all away. When the luminosity snapped off, it flipped a switch, taking with it almost every human life, leaving behind few survivors… and the Infected. Decrepit and inhuman, the Infected brutalize everything that crosses their path.

The flash has destroyed most people’s humanity, rendering Lillie a target for every horrific situation imaginable. Nine months later, she not only has to worry about herself, but her newborn child.

After a year of living on their own and just making it, Lillie and her daughter catch a break, finding shelter and a new companion in a young boy. The new family dynamic has Lillie letting her guard down. Until one day, they are ambushed. More terrifying and faster than ever, the Infected nearly overcome them, triggering the relocation of their home.

Taking a chance, Lillie and the children head to the mountains of Oregon. Little do they know - what waits there may be worse than the Infected.

**WARNING** There are some controversial issues in this book. Rape being one of them. If you are sensitive to this subject, this book is not recommended for you. Due to some subject matter, this book is highly recommended for 18+.

MY REVIEW:

INFECTED IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY AUTHOR, JESSICA GOMEZ.  I AM GLAD I DID.  I REALLY ENJOYED THE BOOK.  I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF ZOMBIE BOOK BUT I REALLY ENJOYED THIS ONE  I LOVE THE AUTHOR'S TAKE ON ZOMBIES AND HOW THE WORLD ENDS.  THE FLASH IS AN INTERESTING CONCEPT WHICH NEEDS TO BE EXPLORED FURTHER IN THE SERIES.  IT WOULD BE GREAT TO KNOW HOW THE FLASH CAME TO BE AND WHY SOME ARE IMMUNE AND SOME ARE NOT?

I REALLY ENJOYED LILLIE'S CHARACTERS.  SHE IS VERY TOUGH AND VERY STRONG.  LILLIE HAD TO GROW UP FAST SINCE SHE HAD NO ONE TO TAKE CARE OF HER.  I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HER BACKGROUND IN THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM.  WHEN THE FLASH HAPPENS LILLIE IS ON HER OWN ONCE AGAIN BUT THIS TIME SHE HAS A NEWBORN BABY TO LOOK OUT FOR.  I LOVE HER DAUGHTER.  SHE IS SO CUTE AND ADORABLE.  LILLIE MEETS A YOUNG BOY ON THEIR JOURNEY AFTER BEING ON THEIR OWN FOR SO LONG.  A CONNECTION IS ESTABLISHED BETWEEN THEM AND THEY BECOME A FAMILY.  LILLIE, HER DAUGHTER AND THE BOY DECIDE TO TRAVEL TO OREGON TO SEE IF THEY CAN FIND LIFE THERE.  WHAT THEY DISCOVER MAY BE WORSE THEN THE INFECTED?

INFECTED IS AN ACTION PACKED SERIES THAT KEEPS YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT. THERE ARE SO MANY TWIST AND TURNS THROUGHOUT THE STORY, IT WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT UNTIL THE VERY END.  I HAVE TO WARN YOU THAT THERE ARE VIOLENT SCENES AND PARTS THAT ARE GROSS AND EVEN CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES SUCH AS RAPE.  THERE IS ROMANCE AND LOVE ALSO. 

IF YOU LOVE ZOMBIE BOOK OR THE END OF THE WORLD, THIS SERIES IS DEFINITELY A MUST READ.   I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE OF THE AUTHOR'S BOOKS AND THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.  4 STARS







Biography
Jessica Gomez is a best-selling author who enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and gardening. She was born and raised in Oregon, where she still resides with her family. She enjoys hearing from and chatting with her readers, who have the same passion for reading.

Jessica's first book, After the Before, was independently published in 2014. Followed later by her second series, INFECTED in 2015.

To learn more about this author, visit her website at: jgome3281.wix.com/author

No comments:

Post a Comment