INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Review of a Different Kind of Lovely by Petra March




"A man with a damaged soul fell in love with a ballerina with a broken body."

When Neal Medwin glimpses Mina Automne for the first time, he's a man whose soul is darkened with memories of a painful past, whereas Mina is a vibrant, strong, young woman. She's a determined ballerina who's carefully planning and painting her life.
Neal steps into her existence and threatens to shatter Mina's plans with an impossible request.
Mina can't help the fragile man who's invading her home, even though their parents used to be close friends and she knows of Neal's hurtful background. She allows him to linger within her lovely and artistic world, however, hoping he might find some peace and solace.
Slowly, their conflict turns into friendship, and eventually into love, until a terrible discovery ruins Mina's projects and forces her to let go of all her dreams, and of her sweet, damaged man.
Neal is unable to fight for Mina and for the unripe love they share, because he's not ready to leave his past behind. He's not strong enough - not yet.

MY REVIEW:

A DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVELY IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY PETRA MARCH.  I AM SO GLAD I DID.  I REALLY ENJOY THIS EMOTIONAL AND HEARTBREAKING LOVE STORY.  THE JOURNEY NEAL AND MINA TOOK TOGETHER WAS VERY PAINFUL AND EMOTIONAL.  IT MADE THEM BOTH STRONGER AS THE STORY PROGRESSES.  AS THEY GET TO KNOW WHAT ANOTHER AND THEIR FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE DEEPENS IT BRINGS THEM EVEN CLOSER  IT WAS PRETTY OBVIOUS MINA AND NEAL NEEDED ONE ANOTHER.  

WE ARE INTRODUCED TO NEAL WHO IS BROKEN FROM THE LOSS OF HIS BROTHER AND THE RESPONSIBILITY THROWN ON HIS SHOULDER BY HIS FAMILY.  MINA IS THIS QUIET BUTTERFLY WHO HAS TRULY NEVER LEARNED HOW TO FLY.  HER BODY IS BROKEN AND SHE IS IN ALOT OF PAIN.  WILL THEIR LOVE BE ABLE TO SURVIVE?

WHAT A TRULY MAGICAL LOVE STORY THAT WILL LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE.  A MUST READ FOR THOSE ROMANTIC READERS OUT THERE.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE BOOKS BY PETRA MARCH.  4 STARS



Biography
Petra March is the Award Winning Author of the A Touch of Cinnamon Series, and of the standalone Novel, A Different Kind of Lovely.

Her book, All the Skies I will not See, is a Library Journal SELF-e Selection. The book won the 2016 Pacific Book Awards for Best Short Story, and was a Gold Medal Winner (Fiction - Short Story) in the 2016 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards. In 2015, the book was a Finalist in the 2015 Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards, won the Pinnacle Book Achievement Award for Best Novella, earned the Literary Classics Seal of Approval, and received a 5-Star Review Seal from Readers' Favorite. The literary magazine Shelf Unbound listed All the Skies I will not See amid the 2015 Top 100 Notable Books.

The multi-award winning All the Skies I will not See features characters from Petra March's other works: A Veil of Glass and Rain(Special Edition), A Dream of Lilies:A Novella, and A Different Kind of Lovely:A Novel.
A Veil of Glass and Rain(Special Edition) was a Finalist in the 2016 I Heart Indie Contest (New Adult), organized by the Las Vegas Romance Writers of America, and was featured in the June 2015 issue of the literary publication InD'tale Magazine.

Petra March graduated summa cum laude in Theater and Cinema Studies at University of Rome 3, and earned a MA degree from the Catholic University of Milan. She studied Screenwriting and History of American Cinema at UCLA and NYU, and worked as screenwriter in Italy and France, where she also taught Creative Writing in elementary schools and junior high schools.
Presently, she keeps traveling and dreaming through her novels and stories; just like Petra, her characters are deeply in love with Europe and the USA.

Connect with Petra:

www.authorpetramarch.weebly.com

www.facebook.com/AuthorPetraMarch

1 comment: