INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Review of Darkness Follows by Emerald O'Brien




What if the hiding spot you escape to becomes more dangerous than the place you ran from?

Aurina Patrick is an ambitious young woman, whose only mistake was letting someone get too close. The day she is brought into the police department for questioning, her life changes forever. When Aurina discovers that someone she trusts has involved her in a series of murder investigations, her sister Ryanne joins her in a search for the truth. As the situation unravels, the Patrick sisters realize their lives could be in jeopardy.

When the sisters are taken to a remote location, the struggle for safety truly begins.

MY REVIEW:

DARKNESS FOLLOWS IS ANOTHER GREAT MURDER MYSTERY BY THE AMAZING EMERALD O'BRIEN.  THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK SHE HAS WRITTEN AND IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT ME ONE BIT.  I WAS DRAWN INTO THE STORY FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE VERY END.  WE MEET 2 SISTERS, AURINA AND RYANNE WHO ARE PUT IN WITNESS PROTECTION.  AURINA GOT INVOLVED WITH THE WRONG MAN WHO TURNED OUT TO BE A MURDER.  THE SISTERS ARE NOW IN DANGER AND ARE TAKEN TO A REMOTE LOCATION.  AS THE CASE UNRAVELS, THE SISTERS REALIZE THEY ARE NO LONGER SAFE.  WILL THE MURDERER BE CAUGHT IN TIME?

DARKNESS FOLLOWS WAS FAST READ FOR ME FILLED WITH SUSPENSE, ACTION, INTRIGUE, MURDER AND EVEN SOME ROMANCE.  I LOVE ALL THESE GENRES IN ONE STORY. EMERALD'S BOOKS ALWAYS KEEP YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.  HER CHARACTERS ARE VERY COMPLEX AND SO INTERESTING AS THE SISTERS WERE IN THIS BOOK.  I HAVE TO SAY, AURINA IS MY FAVORITE SISTER OUT OF THE TWO.  I THOUGHT RYANNE WAS RECKLESS.  I LOVED THAT THERE WAS A CHANCE OF ROMANCE FOR BOTH SISTERS.  DARKNESS FOLLOWS LEAVES YOU WANTING MORE AT THE END.  

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ONE OF EMERALD'S BOOK, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ ONE.  YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING.  I LOVE HOW SHE COMBINES SEVERAL GENRES IN ONE STORY AND REALLY ENJOY HER CHARACTERS.  HER BOOKS ARE FILLED WITH SO MANY SURPRISES AND TWISTS. I RECOMMEND YOU READ DARKNESS FOLLOWS.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK IN THIS SERIES.  5 STARS 



Biography
Emerald O'Brien was born and raised just east of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from her Television Broadcasting and Communications Media program at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario.
In 2014, Emerald decided to pursue her life-long passion for writing stories. As the author of unpredictable and suspenseful reads, she has published the Darkness Follows Duet, and The Avery Hart Trilogy.
When she is not reading or writing, Emerald can be found with family and friends. Watching movies with her husband and their two beagles is one of her favourite ways to spend an evening at home.

To find out more, visit Emerald on her website: http://emeraldobrien.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment